Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Avocado Salad

So the raw food diet wasn’t so friendly to me after all and I had to incorporate some normal food. However, I do try to switch and eat something unprocessed, such as this salad. Although I should mention that I add cheese and salami strips to it, which can be omitted but make the salad so much more tasty. The recipe is very simple and you have a delicious lunch in less than five minutes. I don’t give exact measurements because it’s really up to you. Sometimes I make a small salad, othertimes a large one. If you only have two cherry tomatoes, add them, if you have more, add more. There is no exact science here.

Ingredients

Lettuce
Cherry tomatoes, diced
Couple of salami slices cut into strips
Shredded cheese
1 avocado – serves two people; reserve one teaspoon for dressing and cut up rest into strips
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 teaspoon of lime juice
¼ teaspoon Salt

Reserve one teaspoon of avocado and mash it up in a bowl. Put the lettuce on a plate, top with tomatoes, salami and remaining avocado slices. Mix the oil, lime juice, salt and teaspoon of mashed avocado into a dressing. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and top with shredded cheese.




Cheese optional

No comments:

Post a Comment