Sunday, April 29, 2012

Review – Nueva Mexico Restaurant & Bar

Before I get started on today's entry, I want to point out that I noticed my ridiculous errors in the last entry. I mentioned that pasta and noodles are served in Romania (yes, they are the same thing) as well as lamp meat. I am a fan of lamb meat and have yet to try lamps. Sorry about that. Moving on...

It has only taken me a year and a half to find a decent Mexican place in NY, and it turns out, it’s just about ten minutes or so from my house. I read many good Yelp reviews online about this place and decided to try it out.
My husband and I started the evening a bit apprehensive after having tried other Mexican spots here and being disappointed, so it’s safe to say that we walked in with low expectations. I won’t beat around the bush but will come right out and say that the service was great, the food was delicious and the prices were awesome. We paid for dinner and one margarita $27, plus tip. It’s hard to find prices like that in NY, much less for dinner.
So I had a shrimp taco, which was delicious although a tad on the salty side, and a carnitas (pulled pork) taco, which was perfect. No complaints. Both were huge and topped with guacamole, which was great.
My husband ordered the beef fajitas which is a hot skillet of beef strips, bell peppers and onions, served with a side of refried beans, salsa, guacamole, rice and tortillas, so you can make your own taco basically.
We shared of course and agreed that everything we had was very good, especially since we know good Mexican food from San Diego. The margarita tasted sweeter than usual and for once did not remind me of cough medicine.
This is a short review because there was nothing bad to say about this place. We’ll be back very soon and are planning on taking friends there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment