Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Roasted Vegetables

Since I talked about roasted pumpkin seeds last time, I figured I'd share a photo of the roasted bell peppers and fennel I made some time ago. Just forgot to post it.
I chopped up the veggies into strips, drizzled them with olive oil, salt and pepper, and threw them in the oven. I want to say at 375 degrees, although I might have been feeling dangerous that day and done 425 degrees. Either way, I have done both before and you will get the same result, although at the higher temperature, they will cook faster. I tend to roast veggies for 30 minutes (my default time for pretty much anything) and if they need to cook longer, add on another 10-20 minutes, depending on how many vegetables you have in the pan.
I'm actually quite proud of the picture. It looks like a kaleidoscope of fall colors.


No comments:

Post a Comment