Friday, September 13, 2013

Artichokes & Hearts of Palm Salad

In an effort to eat healthier and consume more fiber, I came up with this recipe featuring artichokes, because apparently they kick butt in that department. I buy a can of cooked artichokes and jarred hearts of palm, so there is no cooking required.
I attempted to make traditional pesto sauce but didn’t have that much basil and used less garlic than normal. I have to say, I don’t usually pat myself on the back, but consider it done. Pat, pat…

1 cup hearts of palm, chopped
1 cup cooked artichokes, chopped
¼ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup pine nuts
½ cup parmesan cheese
1 cup basil leaves
1 garlic clove

Serves 2-4

Process the nuts, basil and garlic in a mixer or food processor, drizzle the oil in while it is processing and add the cheese for a final mix/pulse. Combine the hearts of palm, artichokes and tomatoes in a bowl and stir the pesto over it. Mix well before serving. Great for lunch or on the side with some protein for dinner.




No comments:

Post a Comment