Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Chicken, Bell Pepper & Fennel Stir-Fry

I whipped up this meal in a rush once again, when I had a million things to do plus cook. Isn’t that always the case? I used chicken thighs although you could use chicken breast if you so prefer. I don't tend to like that since it is a bit dry for me and bland as well. Kind of reminds me of turkey, which I'm not a fan of either. But whatever, use what tickles your fancy.

3 chicken thighs (boneless, skinless)
1 bell pepper
1 fennel bulb
1 clove garlic
1 tsp olive oil
¼ tsp salt
black pepper
¼ tsp ground paprika
½ tsp coriander seeds

Serves 2

Cut the chicken into small pieces and sprinkle with a bit of the salt, ground black pepper and paprika. Set aside while you dice the bell pepper and fennel. Heat the oil over medium heat, crush the coriander seeds and add to the oil with the garlic clove. When the garlic and coriander give off their scent and start to brown, remove the garlic and add the chicken. (You could also just crush or chop the garlic and leave it in the dish) Cook for about five minutes, turning on all sides to brown. Add the bell pepper, fennel and the remaining salt and pepper to taste. Stir the mixture while cooking over high heat for another 5-8 minutes. Move to a serving platter and eat as is or enjoy with a side of rice.




No comments:

Post a Comment