Sunday, September 29, 2013

Celebrating Birthdays

We have not only come upon the beginning of the holiday season (I know, for me it starts in September), but also the birthday season for my circle of people. We recently celebrated my husband’s birthday with all sorts of goodies, including grilled chicken and steak, deviled eggs, potato salad, macaroni salad, appetizers, caprese salad, cakes, fruit salad and more. I was in charge of appetizers and made way more than was really necessary. Of course, I had no idea everyone would also be preparing enough food for an army. That’s alright though, I didn’t have to cook for the rest of the week and we enjoyed the leftovers every day.
So the apps I made were finger sandwiches with salami/cheese/cucumber, watermelon/tomato/basil skewers drizzled with balsamic glaze and marinated feta/olive/cucumber/mint bites. The feedback was good regarding flavor and they all looked cute. Everything was light and refreshing too so people went back to nibble all through the day. Here are the pictures I remembered to take.



 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment