Monday, April 11, 2011

Food Product Displays

There is much to be said for the way food is displayed, not only on your plate but even in the store. Some of you might have heard of marketing techniques stores use such as placing their most popular products at eye-level on the shelf. I don’t know more about advertising than that but I am always keeping an eye out when I go to the store. What are they pushing now, what’s hot and what’s on sale? Most of the time, the stuff that’s on sale is about to expire. Watch out for that.
What really excites me though is to see products displayed in such a way that I can’t resist and buy something totally unnecessary. You know that we eat with our eyes first. If stores don’t take advantage of that, they’ll never succeed. There are plenty of ways to display food but here’s what really makes me giddy. Watch and learn.


Yes


Yes 


No (although there is some pretty darn good German chocolate pictured here) 


Yes 


Hell yes 


Another hell yes - these are gorgeous tomatoes by the way

No comments:

Post a Comment