Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Review – Landmarc

Touristy place or better yet, located in a touristy area but with surprisingly good food. We were invited to this place by a co-worker who had some connects, which means we ate way more food than should be legal and some was graciously on the house. Those nice people….
So where to begin. Had the flat bread with roasted tomatoes, cheese and arugula and burger, which was cooked just right but lacked salt and maybe some cheese. These we shared as appetizers. This was preceded by a basket of bread. Darn, by the time the entrees came out, we were already full.
My hubby got the skirt steak medium-rare which was perfect. I don’t say that too often about any food but this one was. My colleague and I decided to share the short rib spaghetti (spicy which I was not warned about) and the pork chop with apples and spinach (flavorful but a bit dry due to its ginormous size). Holy guacamole, it was wayyy too much food. Nevertheless, I’m sure I made a spectacle of myself as I put a pretty decent dent in it.
We decided that there was absolutely no more room for a morsel when the house comped us dessert. And I’m not talking about one dessert to share amongst the three of us, I’m talking about the whole damn tray of dessert. We got to sample chocolate mousse, tiramisu, lemon tart, crème brulee, chocolate profiterole and finally the piece de resistance, grape-flavored cotton candy. I should have worn sweat pants.
By the way, sorry about the pictures of the massacred meat, didn't remember to take pics until most was gone.





















No comments:

Post a Comment