Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Brooklyn Farmers Market

I was very excited to check out the big farmers market in Brooklyn. Heard many positive reviews so when I finally made it there last weekend, I was bummed to see the tiny market occupying half a street block. Granted it is winter and many vendors wait for the spring and summer to sell at the market but I still expected a bigger turnout. Guess winter markets are really different here than in San Diego.
Most of the vendors were selling either apples, bread, potatoes and surprisingly meat. I tried to buy half a loaf of French sourdough bread however ran into communication problems with the vendor and ended up taking the entire loaf home, which was about half my size (I ended up using half the loaf to make ribollita, an Italian soup).
Also bought some dried lavender to hang in the closets and chatted with the vendor selling plants and potted herbs. I’ll have to wait for spring to plant anything in our backyard.
That was pretty much it for my first Brooklyn market experience. Can’t wait to see the selection next season.

1 comment:

  1. you are crazy Maus...this was so funny!

    ReplyDelete