Sunday, March 13, 2011

Review – Naruto Ramen

This small restaurant is not even a block away from our place so the convenient location already puts it on our map. The prices are reasonable too so there’s another plus. The food is good but most of their items are spicy. If you are into spicy food, that’s great. If not, your selection will be limited.
The first time I ate here I ordered a miso-flavored ramen soup which came with pork and vegetables. The broth was tasty although a bit too salty and I had to water it down a tad. The ramen were also more al dente than I prefer them but not too bothersome. My husband had a similar ramen soup that was spicy and according to him, hit the spot.
We also tried pork buns which are steamed buns filled with pork, lettuce, mayo and tomatoes. I guess they assembled them like a burger but they are so freaking delicious. You get two per appetizer so we started out with that and ended with the soups.
The second time we went there, we again started with the pork buns and my husband had the same spicy ramen soup. I tried their pork fried rice and my huge serving was excellent. I would definitely recommend that.
I noticed they also serve several curry dishes which we still have to try. Their staff was very friendly and you can be seated at the bar which overlooks the cooking stations or at small tables in the back. If you want excitement, I recommend sitting at the bar.
I’m eager to try their other items as well but might just end up ordering a few servings of those darn pork buns. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment