Thursday, March 10, 2011

Review – Union Market

Don’t be fooled by the name, this is not a farmers market. It’s an awesome grocery store I found next to Blue Apron.
The store sells a lot of organic produce as well as packaged items (pastas, canned goods, etc.) and lucky me, they set out many samplers such as olives, cheeses, cookies and even chips & guacamole. This makes for a great shopping experience as I ended up buying the cheese I sampled.
They tend to be more pricey than the regular stores but if you are looking to buy something fresher than at the regular chain markets (such as fresh fish), this is the place to go. I do however have to complain about their customer service. The cashiers always seem to want to be anywhere else other than working there and the guy at the fish station just plain needs to learn common sense. I will not go into details however interacting with him a couple of times now makes me not want to buy fish there again. Unfortunately there is no other close market that has the same quality of seafood so I might have to just bite my tongue and continue shopping there. Consider this your official warning though.
Other than that, I am happy with the selection of non-ordinary products such as fish and veal stock (frozen section), sheep’s milk yogurt, eco-friendly dish soap and organic dried spices. If you are into those things, you know they are not easy to come by.
Overall, the product selection is good but pricey and the customer service leaves much to be desired. I will however continue to shop there due to its convenient location and accessibility to hard-to-find products.

No comments:

Post a Comment