Sunday, March 6, 2011

Review - Blue Apron Food

I found this super cute mom and pop shop on my way to the farmers market the other day called Blue Apron Food. After searching for a decent grocery store, I was beyond excited to find this gem. I know my review won’t mean much to them since they’ve received several accolades, however maybe you’ll want to check them out when you visit after reading this review.
They have some imported products such as pastas, chocolates, canned goods, oils and vinegars but they also have fresh breads, pastries, deli meats, cheeses and an olive bar. Their staff is extremely knowledgeable and patiently answered my inquiries about this cheese and that salami (you know me). I got to sample several things before deciding what to take home and that is always alright in my book.
Their pastries looked delicious, fresh and definitely not dry. I didn’t have a chance to try any last time I went but am planning on enjoying the fruit tarts next time. Their bread loaves were not only huge but also cheaper than any grocery stores I’ve been to so far in Brooklyn.
They also have a lot of imported and organic pantry items (think lentils, tomato pastes, etc.) however those products seemed more on the higher price bracket.
Can’t wait to go back and try different cheeses and salamis they have. This is a new regular for sure.

1 comment: