Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Folding Omelets

Omelets apparently are a big deal in the culinary world. The French are snobs about making the perfect one and Julia Child’s mission was to teach the Americans how to imitate the French. I agree that an omelet can either be good or rubbery if not made well. I’m no master as I’ve had my share of kitchen disasters but just wanted to show you picks of my non-pretty omelets and let you know that it’s not that intimidating to make.
I cook the omelet slow on low heat on the stove and it practically cooks itself. Before I fold it, it looks like a funky pizza look-alike (depending on your toppings of course). After it’s folded it thankfully is presentable. I’m not going to provide a recipe since I think I already did that a few blogs ago however I encourage you to try adding different ingredients to the omelet such as herbs, cheeses and even veggies. If you don’t fold the omelet and let it cook open-faced, you can turn it into a frittata (Italian open-faced omelet is what I would call it).


Pre-fold 



Pre-fold 


Folded  


No comments:

Post a Comment