Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Austrian Food Site

One of my favorite food websites is www.ichkoche.at, which is an Austrian site and thus written in German. Obviously if you can’t read German, this won’t be much help to you, unless you have spare time to translate, but I thought I’d mention it because you can browse through photos of recipes and at least get ideas. Translating the recipes isn’t hard either since most of them are not overly long.
In any case, this is where I go when I get homesick. I look up my favorite foods, figure out how on earth I can recreate some without setting my kitchen on fire and then get incredibly hungry. To be expected when looking at a food site. Which is not what you want to do before going grocery shopping, by the way. Trust me.
So I know the site by heart and have resorted to turning some of the recipe photos into a collage that graces my desktop, much to my colleagues’ dismay. If we meet in my office, they get to stare at this. I don’t think it’s too much…


 

No comments:

Post a Comment