Monday, July 15, 2013

Stir-Fried Rice

As is always the case when I get home from work around 5ish, I am starving. I thought by some miracle an early dinner would be waiting for me today, but that was not the case. I don’t know what I was thinking. Guess I should lower my expectations.
So I proceeded to make the quickest thing I know how to make – stir-fried rice. Here is the recipe, more or less. With stir-frys, you can substitute ingredients no problem.

1 cup cooked brown rice
1 cup cooked diced chicken
1/3 cup frozen corn kernels
½ small onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp teriyaki sauce

Serves 2

Heat the oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté for a couple of minutes until they are soft. Add the carrots and sauté for one minute until soft. Add the frozen corn and continue cooking for a couple of minutes so that the corn heats through. Add the cooked rice and chicken and heat through. Drizzle the teriyaki sauce over and let cook for a couple of minutes on high before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment