Saturday, July 27, 2013

Sweet Sandwiches

Ever since my husband went deep-sea fishing, we have been devouring peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. That's one of the things he took with him on the fishing trip and since then, we have not been able to stop making them.
I grew up in Europe and the equivalent of that would be an open-faced Nutella sandwich. It is a slice of bread, buttered and smeared with a healthy layer of Nutella, which is a hazelnutty chocolate spread. I introduced my husband to that sandwich and he introduced me to the PB&J, since we didn't really have peanut butter in Europe back in the day. Since it has been literally been a PB&J at least once a day for the last week, I asked him which one won the sweet sandwich contest and surprisingly, Nutella is still the winner. I celebrated by dunking a teaspoon into the gooey mixture and licking it right off the spoon as if it was an ice cream cone. I should also mention that I make Nutella crepes at least once a month or so and am tempted to fry the PB&J sandwich, much to my husband's horror. How bad can it be?

I didn't take these pictures but felt like including them since I'm craving both right now.

 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. you should try speculoos spread: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speculoos
    hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will of course have to try it if I can find here. Or maybe order it from the internet.

    ReplyDelete