Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Chili Potluck

In honor of tomorrow, we had a potluck at my office today, consisting of a chili cook-off, baked beans, cornbread, hot dogs, deviled eggs, pasta and potato salads and desserts. Needless to say, I feel as though I won’t be able to eat for a few days, as is always the case on such occasions. But alas, tomorrow is July 4th, which means I’ll probably be doing it all over again.
I made deviled eggs which were devoured like hot cakes. I borrowed from my mother’s recipe and added wasabi to them, which gave them a nice kick. I’ll have to write the recipe down to post here next time. They are always a popular item at the buffet table and are very easy to make. No need to buy them from the store because the home-made ones do take much better. And really, isn’t everything home-made better anyways?

No comments:

Post a Comment