Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Gnocchi in Marinara Sauce

Made this for lunch a few days ago. Took me a bit longer than this recipe indicates because I didn’t have left-over chicken so I cooked my chicken first, but if you do, it won’t take long at all.


Serves 4

1 cup of shredded/chopped cooked chicken
1 package of gnocchi
half a jar of marinara sauce
2 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of goat cheese
1 cup of mushrooms (I used a small can of whole mushrooms)


Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Dump the gnocchi into the boiling water carefully. Heat the marinara sauce in a skillet over medium-low heat. Chop or grate the garlic into the sauce. Add the mushrooms, chicken meat and goat cheese and stir to combine. Once the gnocchi rise to the surface of the water, they are done cooking. Strain and add them to the sauce. Stir to cover all gnocchi with the sauce and serve about a handful per portion. Gnocchi are very filling so don’t go overboard.



No comments:

Post a Comment