Saturday, February 5, 2011

What's My Starter?

I decided to write this food blog because I love to write and equally love food. My craving lately has been to write a cookbook, but since that's not happening anytime soon, figured I'd get a step closer by writing this blog. I'm not sure where this is heading but I figured I'd write about the food I eat, the food I cook and the food I reminisce about.
Just moved to NYC a week ago with my husband, so there is definitely lots to write about. There are endless restaurants here but I don't want to turn this simply into a blog for restaurant reviews. I am a passionate cook as well and love to travel, so I'm sure you'll read about my adventures in my own kitchen as well as those on the road.
Tried to think of a first topic, seems like such pressure to come up with a great starter. I'll just mention the last thing I ate today, which was the pastrami sandwich at Katz's Deli on the Lower East Side of Manhattan. My husband and I have been there a few times now (used to be a visiting tradition) and we've learned to just share a sandwich. It's a monster of a thing and we can never finish one each. Sometimes I get their Matzo ball soup too which is divine but didn't have that today. Definitely recommend Katz's pastrami and soup to anyone who hasn't been there. Just be prepared to dish out some dough for such simple fare.

No comments:

Post a Comment