Friday, August 2, 2013

Asian Noodle Soup

One of my favorite cook book authors is Nigella Lawson. I have several of her cook books and love her recipes. They are relatively easy to make although sometimes do require special ingredients. In her Nigella Express cook book, she gives a recipe for Noodle Soup For Needy People. It's an Asian inspired broth with veggies and noodles thrown in. Sometimes I follow her recipe exactly, othertimes I just add similar items I have on hand. And sometimes I get really lazy and just make the version pictured below.

I boiled 4 cups of chicken broth, added one star anise, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, half a cup of diced mushrooms, one cup of chopped bok choy and some thin noodles of the Asian variety. I have made it with other types of noodles as well and I guess it works fine. I let it all boil for about 10 minutes until the noodles were cooked and that was it. Her recipe is much better and nicer but I worked with what I had on hand. So that was it.

No comments:

Post a Comment