Friday, August 16, 2013

Colorful Egg Yolks

This is going to sound strange but I miss the orange egg yolks from Europe. I made eggs with sausage for breakfast this morning and it never fails that when I eat sunny-side-up eggs in the US, I long for the rich, deep color of the egg yolk back home. If you have not been oversees and don't know what I am talking about, here are pictures of the lighter US version vs. the more orange color I am used to in Europe. I feel as though the darker one is slightly sweeter in flavor, although that could just be my mind playing tricks on me. Anyways, if you cross the ocean and wonder what to try eating, order eggs and either love it or be grossed out. My in-laws were not having it on a family vacation a few years ago. They were missing the sunny yellow sunshine they are used to. But there you go, everyone's got favorites.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment