Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Point Loma Seafood

Took my German family to Point Loma Seafood yesterday, a water-side restaurant in San Diego that serves delicious seafood sandwiches, salads, cocktails and plates. You order at the counter and take your food to eat outside, overlooking the fishing boats. It’s probably my favorite place in San Diego and I find myself gravitating towards it even when I’m not hungry, just when I want to enjoy the atmosphere.
We enjoyed crab and fish sandwiches, served on sourdough bread with tartar sauce. It’s so simple and yet so freaking good. Even the Germans were impressed. I’ve also had their smoked marinaded mussels there, their shrimp sandwich, sushi and clam chowder. They have an extensive menu and sometimes I want to try it all, but end up still going with the old favorite, the crab sandwich. The pictures don’t do it justice but if you are ever in the area, try it out. Even Rachel Ray went there during one of her travel shows. The weekends are packed so I recommend the middle of the week if possible and lunchtime is even better. Enjoy the food, the views and the seals and seagulls awaiting you for an after-meal stroll.


Front view of the restaurant
 
Ordering inside 
 
Enjoying the food outdoors 
 
My favorite spot to sit, eat and even read 
 
Crab sandwich 
 
The smoked fish selection 
 
Followed by the fresh fish selection 

2 comments:

  1. Alice! I'm delighted to see you are blogging again...and look forward to reading over your posts and wonderful recipes. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cindy, it was time I picked this up again. Hope all is well with you and thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete