Thursday, August 1, 2013

Sand Bass Confirmed

A few entries ago I mentioned my husband went fishing and brought home sand bass. I was convinced that he just had the name wrong and it was sea bass. Guess I was the one who was wrong. The first time I cooked it, it came out dry and uneven, compliments of too much time in the oven. The second time, I fried it in the skillet and it was perfect. As with most of the meats lately, my go-to seasonings were salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder. I think I am turning that mixture into my house blend from now on.
The fish was flaky, flavorful and not overcooked. I served it with sautéed bell peppers and mushrooms, my husbands default veggie side dish. Whenever he decides to start cooking, those two things somehow end up on our plates.


No comments:

Post a Comment